      From: "N6KK" <barger@...>
      To: <dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 12:10 AM
      Subject: [dxatlas] Pin Annotation Viewing

      Is there an option that allows the annotations associated with a
      particular pin to be displayed as the cursor hovers over the pin?
      Something similar to the "active labels" function, but for the pin
      annotations. I would like to be able to see the annotations without
      having to right click the pin, select annotations and get the
      annotation edit box. A similar function would probably be useful for
      the grid square annotations as well.

      What I have done is define a pin with annotations for selected beacons
      and other 50 MHz propagation indicators. I then have DX Atlas display
      the path from me to the desired DX location, noting the nearest
      beacons, etc. I'd like to be able to hover the cursor over a pin and
      see the annotation (which includes the call sign, frequency, power,
      antenna, etc.). That would make it much easier to quickly identify
      and look for suitable propagation indicators.

      Another nice to have would be configurable distance circles. I'd like
      to be able to have distance circles at a typical E skip distance of,
      say, 1100 miles or so to help judge how may hops may be required to
      the DX as well as where "dead zones" between hops may be located.

      What a great program, and it just keeps getting better. Thanks Alex.

      73

      joe n6kk
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic