797Re: CW Skimmer 1.1 doesn't allow for transceivers with more than 3 KHz bandwidth

  • bill_w4zv
    Apr 22, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "jeraldvolpe" <techmail@...> wrote:

      > I just installed version 1.1 over my version 1.0. I appreciate the
      > changes but I am disappointed that you are still limiting standard
      > transceivers to a 3 kHz maximum skim! I wrote several times regarding
      > those of us with transceivers that can open up beyond 3kHz. I am one
      > of several thousand Ten-Tec Orion and Orion II owners (a transceiver
      > that is heavily used in contests and serous DXing) and we are able to
      > open up our receivers to 8 kHz in the CW mode... especially our second
      > receiver which doesn't share the roofing filters of the main receiver.

      Same here. I'm using a beta version of N8LP's LP-PAN which provides
      I-Q detection for the Elecraft K3's wideband buffered output. It
      seems my Skimmer is also limited to 3 kHz. Are you working on an
      interface to LP-PAN that will be friendlier than using Softrock mode?

      Maybe I don't have things adjusted correctly yet but so far I'm not
      seeing Skimmer decode signals in noise very well.

      73, Bill W4ZV
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic