716RE: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer

  • Spencer Shields
    Mar 3, 2008
      Thanks Alex. A few more things to try to get it working better.
      I agree with others, that it is a great program. 73 Spencer W7SUR

      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.comFrom: alshovk@...: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:45:42 -0500Subject: Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer

      Hi Bruce,Thank you for answering Spencer's questions, your answers were perfectly correct and very detailed.> For some reason Alex's program seems to> jump beyond the 'sweet spot' in my setup so that I have to juggle it a> few times to get it to read the text reliably.In the 3-kHz mode, this happens because the CW Pitch setting in the Skimmer is incorrect. Change it slightly until you have a perfect match between the actual operating frequency of your transceiver and the frequency marked with a green triangle in CW Skimmer. In the SoftRock-IF mode, you would have to adjust the Audio IF frequency instead to achieve the same result.73 Alex VE3NEA