715Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer

    Mar 3, 2008
      Hi Bruce,

      Thank you for answering Spencer's questions, your answers were perfectly
      correct and very detailed.

      > For some reason Alex's program seems to
      > jump beyond the 'sweet spot' in my setup so that I have to juggle it a
      > few times to get it to read the text reliably.

      In the 3-kHz mode, this happens because the CW Pitch setting in the Skimmer
      is incorrect. Change it slightly until you have a perfect match between the
      actual operating frequency of your transceiver and the frequency marked with
      a green triangle in CW Skimmer. In the SoftRock-IF mode, you would have to
      adjust the Audio IF frequency instead to achieve the same result.