711RE: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer

  • Spencer Shields
    Mar 2, 2008
      Thanks Bruce: I tried a beacon station about 10 miles from my QTH, and it was a little bit clearer. I'll try all the various settings and play around some more later tonight.
      Thanks again for the suggestion. Sometimes I can't see the simple for all the complex.
      73 Spencer W7SUR

      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.comFrom: bet110@...: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 22:10:56 -0500Subject: Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer

      Spencer, one consideration is to look at the option menu in the upper right hand corner to the left of the 'X'. There is a pick arrow there which presents a menu related to the deciphering level of content. Be sure a choice other than "raw data" is selected. With 'raw data' you will frequently see what you are describing as random noise and weak signals will produce very unusual looking content. Try the other items on the list and try to tune in some fairly strong signals to start. Good luck.K2BET----------Spencer Shields wrote:>>> Alex: I have been trying to check out cw skimmer, to see what it has > to offer. I'm afraid I don't get it. I can get it to detect alot of > signals, but they are all just jibberish. I can't seem to pull out any > intelligent text. My morse is pretty rusty, but I do recognize some > letters, and the program doesn't seem to do the same.> I know I am obviously doing something wrong. Any help would be > appreciated.>> Spencer W7SUR 73> __________________________________________________________> Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get > your "fix".> http://www.msnmobilefix.com/Default.aspx > <http://www.msnmobilefix.com/Default.aspx>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>> >> __________ NOD32 2915 (20080303) Information __________>> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com