710Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer

    Mar 2, 2008
      Spencer, one consideration is to look at the option menu in the upper
      right hand corner to the left of the 'X'. There is a pick arrow there
      which presents a menu related to the deciphering level of content. Be
      sure a choice other than "raw data" is selected. With 'raw data' you
      will frequently see what you are describing as random noise and weak
      signals will produce very unusual looking content. Try the other items
      on the list and try to tune in some fairly strong signals to start. Good
      luck.

      K2BET
      ----------

      Spencer Shields wrote:

      > Alex: I have been trying to check out cw skimmer, to see what it has
      > to offer. I'm afraid I don't get it. I can get it to detect alot of
      > signals, but they are all just jibberish. I can't seem to pull out any
      > intelligent text. My morse is pretty rusty, but I do recognize some
      > letters, and the program doesn't seem to do the same.
      > I know I am obviously doing something wrong. Any help would be
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Spencer W7SUR 73

      > http://www.eset.com
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic