641Re: [dxatlas] New software: CW Skimmer

  • Geoff Anderson
    Feb 3 5:17 AM
      Alex,

      Very nice. Used it to watch some of the FOC contest this morning.

      Couple of points noted already that you might like to be aware of

      1) I am using the audio codec in a microHam MK2R+ and have on two occasions
      now experienced a complete computer lock up when playing about with the CW
      filter bandwidth - particularly when the B/W was very low.

      2) When altering the cw B/W using a wheel mouse I note that the B/W display
      figure will only change IF one moves the cursor slightly. If the cursor
      remains in one position the B/W figure does not change. ( even though the
      filter obviously does so.

      I have been using the software to actually look at two receivers at once one
      on the left and one on the right channel. Indeed I have been monitoring two
      freq/time standards [MSF on 60KHz and the Russian time signal on 14.996] -
      which I found interesting (others might think I was one dot short of a full
      CW set though!)

      One thing you may like to consider for the future - How about having the
      ability to open two copies of the program at the same time allowing each
      copy to select its own input channel (left or right)

      All in all - a very nice piece of software. Just a few more tests before I
      go for a registration..

      73 de Geoff
      G3NPA
      Geoff.Anderson@...