604Re: [dxatlas] What have I gotten myself into?

    Jan 13, 2008
      Hi Spencer,

      users of the software can answer, don't hesitate to ask them here. If you
      need help directly from the author of the program, then send your message to
      my email address shown at the DX Atlas web site.

      Greetings Everyone: I have just joined this group to try to learn more
      about using Hamcap and dxatlas,and any other things that will help me
      work my radio better.

      I have been a ham for about 3-1/2 years, and I am working my way
      through the hobby, trying to learn new areas of operating bliss.

      I have mostly just listened to other hams on SSB, trying to learn how
      to operate correctly, and improve my knowledge of what it takes to
      become profidient at DX and working other stations.

      Today I tried for the first time to use hamcap to learn what it will
      do, and how to use it to make contacts on bands other than 40 and 80
      Meters. I had some success (?) hearing DX stations on bands that I
      had ,up until now, thought were dead because of the solar cycle.

      I guess my main question is: Am I in the wrong group? I read through
      the postings for the last few months, and they seem to just be talking
      about new improvements to the program. Where is the best place to
      learn how to use the programs and increase my learning curve? 73 Spencer
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic