599Re: [dxatlas] Hourly map images from DX Atlas

  • Barry
    Jan 12, 2008
      Alex,

      Sorry, but I'm confused now. I'm not sure which maps are "real time"
      and which are "monthly." Normally, when I use Hamcap, I click on
      "IonoProbe" on the settings page so that Hamcap has current prop data.
      On the map page, I usually click on the "real time" arrow to get the
      current prediction. On the map page, if I click on the left or right
      arrows to move backward or forward an hour, are those maps "real time"
      or "monthly"? Do these hourly maps utilize the Ionoprobe data? If
      they do utilize the Ionoprobe data, won't they change whenever the
      data from Ionoprobe changes.

      73, Barry

      > Hi Barry,
      >
      > By default, HamCap produces monthly propagation maps, and it doesn't
      matter
      > when you generate them. The "real time" mode is an experimental
      mode, no one
      > has tested its accuracy yet. If I were doing a research, I would use
      the
      > monthly maps because their accuracy is well studied.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic