      From: "Barry" <yankeebluedevil@...>
      To: <dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 09:54 PM
      Subject: [dxatlas] Hourly map images from DX Atlas

      My daughter (KI4GUO) is working on a school project involving
      propagation. She is using the NCDXF beacons, Faros and
      Hamcap/Ionoprobe/DX Atlas. She is logging beacon signals for a
      24-hour period using Faros. One part of the project involves comparing
      her "actual" results to "theoretical" results using Hamcap/Ionoprobe.
      She plans to print out hourly maps from DX Atlas overlayed with
      Hamcap propagation data.

      For convenience, she would prefer to save the 24 hourly maps from DX
      Atlas as images all at once (rather than sitting down at the computer
      every hour). Is there a difference between saving the map images
      immediately before vs. immediately after Faros logs the 24 hours of
      data? Would the images be the same? Would these images differ from
      the images in Hamcap's "live" mode (which takes real-time prop data
      into account)? In other words, would she have more accurate forecast
      images if she saved one image each hour (while Faros is logging beacon
      signals)?

      73, Barry K4CZ
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic