581Re: [dxatlas] New SSN data file for HamCap (Was: Ham CAP 1.5)

    Jan 1, 2008
      Here's a question I've been meaning to ask for some time.

      The SSN.DAT file in my Ham CAP folder is the same as Alex's until January
      2005, when I installed both it and Ionoprobe, and enabled the integration
      to provide data from Ionoprobe to Ham CAP. At that point the values
      diverge slightly until June of 2007, at which point they begin to diverge
      more widely. Here's a sample:

      Mine Alex's

      Dec 2006=11.7 Dec 2006=12.9
      Jan 2007=11.3 Jan 2007=12.4
      Feb 2007=11.1 Feb 2007=12.3
      Mar 2007=11.1 Mar 2007=12.4
      Apr 2007=11.2 Apr 2007=12.5
      May 2007=11.4 May 2007=12.8
      Jun 2007=7.4 Jun 2007=13.2
      Jul 2007=6.4 Jul 2007=13.9
      Aug 2007=5.5 Aug 2007=14.8
      Sep 2007=5.1 Sep 2007=15.7
      Oct 2007=4.9 Oct 2007=16.9
      Nov 2007=4.5 Nov 2007=18.1
      Dec 2007=3.8 Dec 2007=19.6
      Jan 2008=3.2 Jan 2008=18.5
      Feb 2008=2.9
      Mar 2008=3.1
      Apr 2008=3.7

      What is the cause of the sudden divergence in Jun 2007? Will the values
      re-converge as smoothed sunspot numbers are computed, so that, for example,
      next month the Jun 2007 number will be revised? Are they computed by
      Ionoprobe or provided by one of the data broadcasts it receives? I also
      notice that the values supplied by Ionoprobe ("mine") are always slightly
      lower than the ones in the precalculated tables - is that predicted vs
      actual, or is there some other reason?

      I can hardly wait until Oct 2011!

      73, Pete N4ZR

      At 01:44 PM 1/1/2008, Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
      >Hi Mike,
      >
      >You need a new SSN.dat file for the years beyond 2007. I have just uploaded
      >such file to http://www.dxatlas.com/Download.asp . Pease download it and
      >unzip to the HamCap folder.
      >
      >73 Alex VE3NEA
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic