568Re: [dxatlas] IonoProbe Stealing Resources

    Dec 27, 2007
      Same symptoms on my version 1.35 IonoProbe. I also don't have the normal
      menu items at the top of the window which allow for manual data
      download. All data windows are just blank and greyed out. I run Win XP
      Pro with all currently known upgrades.

      Bruce, K2BET
      -----------------------

      James Streible wrote:

      > Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
      > words.
      > Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
      > checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
      > wrong word.
      >
      > Jim K4DLI
      >
      > James Streible wrote:
      > >
      > > I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
      > > After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
      > > menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
      > > Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
      > > put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
      > > but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
      > > new data.
      > >
      > > I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
      > > was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
      > > my CPU.
      > >
      > > Jim K4DLI
      > >
      > > Robert Carroll wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated
      > > problem, but
      > > > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
      > > > Ionoprobe on
      > > > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it
      > > requires
      > > > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
      > > >
      > > > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
      > > > task
      > > > manager.
      > > >
      > > > I use XP SP2,
      > > >
      > > > 73
      > > >
      > > > Bob W2WG
      > > >
      > > > _____
      > > >
      > > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > > [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic