      From: g8kbv <dave@...>
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 8:52:47 AM
      Subject: [dxatlas] Faros, soundcard trouble.

      Hi All.

      OK, so who (if anyone?) has had any problems with Faros and it
      thinking a soundcard is still in use by another program/application ,
      when it isn't? (As far as I can find out anyway.)

      I have this trouble when running it on a Tosh' Sat' Pro 4600.

      The basic spec's for the PC are...
      CPU: PIII/700
      RAM: 384Meg
      Sound: Yamaha AC-XG WDM Audio System,
      based on Intel 82801BA(M) ICH2 - AC'97 Audio controller.

      OS: Win2000 Pro, all up-to-date.

      It runs Digipan and other soundcard DSP stuff etc very well, and is a
      nice machine for rig/shack use, due to the availability of "Real"
      serial/parallel ports etc, as well as newer USB holes and network
      etc...

      On another Win2k PC (with a different sound system) Faros runs it
      just fine.

      Cheers All..

      Happy Crimbo and all that.

      Dave G0WBX.