529Re: [dxatlas] Some new user questions

  • Geoff Anderson
    Nov 27, 2007
      Mark,

      You have some good questions here but all ( as far as I can see) are all to
      do with programs other than Logger32

      > * What do the different propagation types indicate? f2f2, 3f1, etc.

      I think you are referring here to HamCap. I'm not 100% sure but I believe
      it indicates how the signal "bounces" to the destination and off which
      layers.

      > * How can I import an ADIF log file, or integrate with a logging
      > program, so Band Master shows the spots I really need?

      What is Band Master? Personally I have never heard of it. Why use it at all
      as Logger32 has a reasonably sophisticated spot filtering system - even with
      highlighted coloured backgrounds that tell you what you are missing from
      your log. What more do you need? Have you tried clicking on the main icon
      15 from the left (two to the right of the Morse key)

      > * Should I use the same antennas (mine) for TX and RX under HAMCAP?
      > Or should I assume that RX is the other ham with a better antenna?

      Once again a non Logger32 question. The antenna set up is for YOU ( both tx
      and rx) . How can HamCap possibly know what the other person is using?

      73 de Geoff
      G3NPA
      Geoff.Anderson@...