452Re: [dxatlas] Faros 1.1; minor issue

  • Cormac & Suzanne Gebruers
    Feb 18, 2007
      Alex,

      OK adding Faros to the trusted process list with Kaspersky AV seems to
      have done the trick re access problems to the error log.

      One final question; is the unregistered version time limited - i.e. does
      it shut down after a certain time period? Faros is shutting down here
      all on its own after a couple of hours (from the log, after about 90
      minutes or so). No error messages appear. I'm mildly concerned as the
      Help/web doesn't mention any such limitation...

      Rgds
      Cormac

      Cormac & Suzanne Gebruers wrote:

      > Alex,
      >
      > Thanks for the prompt reply. Its probably my anti-virus program. I've
      > only opened the log once to get the information included in my last
      > mail. I've just added Faros as a trusted process to my AV program-
      > maybe that'll do the trick... I'll let you know either way...
      >
      > Rgds
      > Cormac
      >
      > Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Cormac,
      > >
      > > It looks like another application opens the log file occasionally. Are
      > > you
      > > by chance running an anti-virus program in the background? If you open
      > > the
      > > log in a text editor when Faros is running, this also might cause a
      > > problem.
      > >
      > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic