450Re: [dxatlas] Faros 1.1; minor issue

  • Cormac & Suzanne Gebruers
    Feb 17, 2007
      Alex,

      Thanks for the prompt reply. Its probably my anti-virus program. I've
      only opened the log once to get the information included in my last
      mail. I've just added Faros as a trusted process to my AV program-
      maybe that'll do the trick... I'll let you know either way...

      Rgds
      Cormac

      Alex, VE3NEA wrote:

      > Hi Cormac,
      >
      > It looks like another application opens the log file occasionally. Are
      > you
      > by chance running an anti-virus program in the background? If you open
      > the
      > log in a text editor when Faros is running, this also might cause a
      > problem.

      > Hi,
      >
      > I recently downloaded Faros 1.1 and find it excellent. I'll be
      > purchasing, as, like all Alex's previous s/w, its definitely a keeper.
      >
      > I'm having one very minor issue: Occasionally I get a Windows error
      > dialog box stating that Faros could not open error.log in the Faros
      > program directory. Data is being written to the file is always the same
      > error e.g.:
      >
      > 2007-02-17 10:53:04 Sound duration error: 7.53 ms
      > 2007-02-17 10:53:14 Sound card OK
      >
      > If I acknowledge the error, Faros continues to operate happily, but
      > unfortunately it very occasionally crashes the program if it happens
      > repeatedly and I'm not around to acknowledge the error message (i.e. the
      > error dialog boxes begin to stack up).
      >
      > Running a virtually cleanWindows XP SP2 (installed a week ago) with all
      > available updates onboard - PC is an Intel P-III 1.7GHz with 256mB RAM
      >
      > Rgds
      > Cormac, EI4HQ

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic