385Re: Path line inaccurate

  • Chuck R
    Oct 31, 2006
      Greetings "Alex, VE3NEA"

      The situation has been resolved. I went into the logging program
      and found two different spots where my home QTH was inaccurate or
      only partially correct. When I corrected those the path line is
      very accurate. Thanks again Alex for pointing me in the right
      direction!

      Chuck Richards, WD0HQY
      73

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck R" <cmrichards1@...>
      wrote:

      > -Greetings "Alex, VE3NEA"
      >
      > Of course DXAtlas would not know the contact path. I should have
      > been smart enough to figure that out. I am using DXKeeper, the
      > logging program that is part of the DXLab suite of software.
      Thanks
      > much for steering me in a different direction.
      >
      > Chuck Richards
      > WD0HQY
      > 73
      >

      > -- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Chuck,
      > >
      > > DX Atlas knows nothing about your contacts and cannot show your
      > paths. It
      > > must be some other program that plots the path on the Atlas map,
      > such as
      > > your logger or cluster monitor. It is that program that defines
      > the path
      > > geometry. Which program are you using with DX Atlas?
      > >
      > > 73 Alex VE3NEA
      > >

      > > Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but I did a search
      > and
      > > really couldn't find an answer.
      > >
      > > I have set my home location using both the grid square
      designation
      > and
      > > also the actual lon. and lat. numbers. The icon looks like it is
      in
      > > the correct location. However when I make a contact the Path Line
      > > originates from a different location, one that appears to be the
      > first
      > > base location for the grid square. For example my grid square is
      > > EN37su and the path line seems to originate at EN37aa. Perhaps
      this
      > > is normal but if I can set things for a more accurate portrayal I
      > > would like to do that. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly
      > > appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Chuck Richards
      > > WD0HQY