368Re: [dxatlas] DX Atlas only Displays SNR

    Oct 5, 2006
      Hi Eric,

      MUF3000 available via the ionospheric menu in DX Atlas is not the same as
      MUF. MUF is a characteristic of a path, it is caclulated in HamCap using the
      Home Location as a path start. MUF3000 is a characteristic of a single point
      under the mouse cursor, it is the MUF of a hypothetical 3000-km path that
      has the point in question as its midpoint.

      Please note that, as far as dxing/contesting is concerned, the SNR is the
      only parameter that matters. All other values predicted or modeled by DX
      Atlas and HamCap are useful only for understanding the propagation
      mechanisms.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      Hi Alex,
      I seem to have a MUF selection with the Ionospheric and Geomagnetic Icon. Am
      I missing something in George's question?
      Or am I miss interrupting the use of the program?
      Eric.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic