314Re: [dxatlas] IonoProbe 1.3 - No solar data

    May 30, 2006
      Hi Eric,

      You are correct, IE7 Beta has some kind of incompatibility that makes all
      downloads in IonoProbe fail. I am not sure if this is a bug in the beta or
      if they have changed the COM interface of the browser. I will try and solve
      the problem when the final version of IE7 is released.

      You are also right about the date, time, and the time zone on the PC. If one
      of these settings is incorrect, IonoProbe may discard downloaded data,
      thinking that the indices are too old.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      > Hi Max.
      > Do you uninstall Internet Explorer, (version 5 or above) at the time your
      > problems started? I don't think you have to use the browser, just have it
      > installed. Also, check with Alex but I don't think the Beta version 7 of
      > I.E. will with IonoProbe.
      >
      > I have seen no problems with the data at my QTH. For an experiment you
      > could
      > also see if you can connect to various websites that IonoProbe goes to.
      > The
      > addresses are found in the 'schedule.ini' file of the program.
      >
      > Not sure if it matters with this programme, is you time and date correct?
      >
      > GL - Eric
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic