      From: Michael G. Carper
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:06 AM
      Subject: RE: [dxatlas] MAMPORT, OMNIRIG, and Ham Radio Deluxe using Virtual Com Port

      I'm not doing that. I'm doing something similar.

      I'm using a microKEYER II and the "Device Router" that comes with it (which
      virtualizes the COM ports). I never could get the VCOM app to work
      (overly-complex, in my opinion). So I have one COM port dedicated to apps
      that support OmniRig. and another COM port for HRD.

      That said.

      I'm working on writing an "OmniRig Server" app that will enable you to
      direct the HRD Logbook to OmniRig - rather than the HRD rig control (which,
      in my opinion, has very little utility beyond connecting Logbook to the
      radio).

      When OmniRig Server is done, I'll let everyone know.

      Mike, WA9PIE