239Re: [dxatlas] HAMCAP do not start

    Jul 5, 2005
      Bob,

      A lot of things can go wrong with the VOACAP installation, though none of
      those usually happens if the program is installed in a normal way:

      - you may not have a privilege to read the Registry,

      - the UninstallString value, in addition to InstallLocation, in the Registry
      may be missing or may contain a wrong path;

      - the file that specifies the program version,
      C:\itshfbc\database\Version.w32, may be missing or otherwise unavailable, or
      it may contain a wrong version number (on my system, it is "Version
      05.0119W");

      - the C:\itshfbc\antennas folder may be missing or marked as read-only, or
      you may not have sufficient privileges to write to it;

      - the same is true for C:\itshfbc\AREADATA and C:\itshfbc\RUN;

      - the executable may be corrupted, or you may not have a privilege to run
      it.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      > Hi Alex,
      >
      > thank for replying.
      > I checked the registry as you suggested but
      > info are there and they are correct.
      > I even retyped the path but no changes.
      >
      > Any other thing I can do to overcome this situation?
      > Thanks for your cooperation.
      >
      > 73
      > Bob, I2WIJ
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic