2191Re: Twilight settings

  • db4iw
    Oct 19, 2010
      John,

      I understand your point of view well! I use DX Atlas since several years, too (don't remember the exact year), and I use IonoProbe and HamCap as well. I love these programs, they are really useful for SW. For the tropical bands and medium wave, things are different but the DX Atlas twilight zone indicator is a great assistant there.

      In the past, I felt that the nautical setting usually fits fading in and fading out of transmitting stations somehow well. Being an inactive HAM but an active BCL/SWL for the last years, I am dealing with fixed signals like radio stations, utility stations, and beacons rather than with random signals like amateur radio. So, it should be possible to find an answer for the proper twilight zone setting by keeping track of grey line signals over a long time in a methodical way. Before starting that, I wanted to know if someone has already applicable research results and the right answer.

      Thank you very much for your input, John!

      73, Fritz