2067Re: [dxatlas] How do you tell omni-rig the address of a 756 PRO?

  • Jim Smith
    Aug 24 11:19 PM
      Hi Alex

      I found the problem (though don't know why it should be a problem)

      First thing I tried was reboot the computer so anything hanging onto the
      COM port would let go then ran Faros. Didn't work.

      My computer has one COM port. I configured Omni-Rig so that Radio1 was
      my MkV on COM1 and Radio2 was the PRO, also on COM1. When I run Faros
      using my MkV I plug it's CAT cable into COM1. When I tried to use the
      PRO I unplugged the MkV CAT cable from COM1 and plugged in my home brew
      level converter into COM1.

      You've probably already figured out what comes next.

      I reversed the roles of Radio1 and Radio2 in OmniRig so Radio1 is the
      PRO and Radio2 is the MkV.

      Works FB now.

      BandMaster also works now.

      SEAN

      Thanks very much for your help. I really appreciate the time you put
      into offering suggestions as to what to try.

      73, Jim Smith VE7FO