2005Re: Windows 7 64-bit work-arounds for Band Master, IonoProbe, HamCap & ITSHFBC

  • ae9k_dan
    Jun 19, 2010
      I would assume that compatibility mode would still be necessary for all
      four applications (Band Master, DX Atlas, Ionoprobe and HamCap). I
      think compatibility mode addresses problems introduced by the Win 7
      security model which is common to both 64 and 32-bit versions.

      There should not be an issue with ITSHFBC on 32-bit Win 7. The problem
      I mentioned was with the ITSHFBC installer on 64-bit Win 7 -
      specifically regarding registry keys that provide for backward (32-bit
      on 64-bit) compatibility.

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com> , "clarkmacaulay"
      <clark.macaulay@...> wrote:

      > Would the same workaround be required for Windows 7 32bit OS? I
      specfically chose the 32bit OS so as to minimize these kinds of
      problems.