1969Re:Windows 7...

  • Dave Baxter
    May 21, 2010
      Hi...

      Other people have reported on other lists, that if you remove (then
      clean up) and re-install the app, but DO NOT let it use the default
      install path (C:\Program files\app\... etc) but tell it to create and
      or use a unique folder right off the root of C, such as C:\app\...
      That lets many things run and behave much better with Win7.

      Not tried it myself, not got W7 yet, but I suspect it'll be foisted on
      me at work sometime.

      There are also issues with the way Win7 (and Vista) make the soundcard
      systems available to app's. Not all app's will work even if you get
      them happy to install OK.

      Again, from other lists, some have found that using VAC (Virtual Audio
      Cable) to translate from the new to old, many app's (SDR and digi mode
      programs etc) will work OK. I doubt that will help things like Faros
      though, but I digress.

      Anything is worth a try I guess.

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.