1930Re: Editing Skimmer WAV Files?

  • jmaass_moose
    May 1, 2010
      Editing the CW Skimmer WAV files does not seem to work with an audio editing tool. I sliced off all but the first 10 minutes of the file, and played it back using CW Skimmer. It decodes the callsigns, but the absolute frequency information is lost. It plots against an offset rather than the absolute frequencey captured.

      The unedited original ~1 hour file decodes as expected.

      Any guidance how I can slice off a ten minute period of a large captured WC Skimmer WAV file without losing any information?

      73, Jeff K8ND

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "jmaass_moose" <jmaass@...> wrote:

      > Is it possible to edit/trim the size of a CW Skimmer WAV recording?
      >
      > Are simple audio file editing tools (e.g. GoldWave) appropriate for this?
      >
      > I have many 2 GB 1-hour recording segments, and would like to break out interesting 5- or 10-minute portions to make them easier to handle when uploading or downloading to others.
      >
      > 73, Jeff K8ND

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic