      From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of jmaass_moose
      Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 12:07 PM
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [dxatlas] "Skimmer Server" with QS1R Receiver

      Thanks Wes, Phil and Pete!

      We are planning to install at a location away from the PJ2T contest station,
      and the Skimmer Server will be open to all. We'd like to cover the 160-10
      contest bands (non-WARC), and 6m would be a plus.

      It will be unattended in a non-air-conditioned room, which means very warm
      ambient temperatures on Curacao. Phil, would clamping a heat sink and adding
      a fan be helpful to keeping the FPGA from buring up?

      I see reference to the SRL RFFE1 Bandpass Filter & RF Attenuator add-on
      board, but I haven't found a description of what it will do. Is there a
      description somewhere, and is the target 3Q10 completion date looking firm?

      We hope to have Our Curacao Skimmer Server up and running for CQWW CW in
      November, which means installing it in mid-November.

      73, Jeff K8ND

      > HGi Jeff - I have gone this route now myself. I heartily endorse
      > everything that Phil and Wes said. One consideration that may be
      > Curacao-relevant is that the QS1R runs pretty warm with Skimmer
      > Server, so you'd want to make sure that it is in a room whose ambient
      > temperature isn't terribly high.
      > 73, Pete N4ZR

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic