1908Re: [dxatlas] "Skimmer Server" with QS1R Receiver

  • jmaass_moose
    Apr 11, 2010
      Thanks Wes, Phil and Pete!

      We are planning to install at a location away from the PJ2T contest station, and the Skimmer Server will be open to all. We'd like to cover the 160-10 contest bands (non-WARC), and 6m would be a plus.

      It will be unattended in a non-air-conditioned room, which means very warm ambient temperatures on Curacao. Phil, would clamping a heat sink and adding a fan be helpful to keeping the FPGA from buring up?

      I see reference to the SRL RFFE1 Bandpass Filter & RF Attenuator add-on board, but I haven't found a description of what it will do. Is there a description somewhere, and is the target 3Q10 completion date looking firm?

      We hope to have Our Curacao Skimmer Server up and running for CQWW CW in November, which means installing it in mid-November.

      73, Jeff K8ND