      From: Jerry Flanders
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:09 AM
      Subject: Re: [dxatlas] New user

      At 02:27 AM 3/27/2010, you wrote:

      >...I am using it with a Flex 5000, still in 3khz
      >mode, eventhough there is no specific support
      >for this radio on the hardware type setting, I
      >understand it can be confirgured as another radio....
      >
      >I belong to various user groups and do believe
      >in the benefits of sharing concerns with other users.
      >
      >73´s
      >
      >Mario/YS1MAE

      You can run CW Skimmer in the I/Q mode to see a
      larger slice on the primary 5000a receiver, even
      without the VAC program as follows:

      In PowerSDR Setup, click: AUDIO, VAC, OUTPUT TO VAC, OK

      In Skimmer: VIEW, SETTINGS, RADIO, check
      Softrock-IF, set Pitch 600 and Audio IF 8400.
      Also Sampling Rate 96kHz ( I am using 96 kHz for
      PowerSDR AUDIO PRIMARY Sample Rate.) In CAT,
      configure rig1 for Kenwood. In Audio, use WDM and
      01 Flexradio Audio and Left/Right - Q/I

      Setup VCOM or com0com as recommended in the
      flex-radio KB to connect PowerSDR CAT to Skimmer
      for freq control. Fine tune the Audio IF 8400
      value for accurate clicktune, if needed.

      I see 23 kHz of signals when set as above.
      Skimmer freq display follows PowerSDR and
      PowerSDR also follows clicktunes in Skimmer

      Do not use PowerSDR SR - Skimmer can't cope.

      I am using XP PRO, PowerSDR V1.18.0 from Flex
      site and CW Skimmer V 1.4. Later versions should work the same.

      Jerry W4UK