1860Re: [dxatlas] Re: CW Skimmer 1.6

  • Iain MacDonnell - N6ML
    Mar 22, 2010
      Polling intervals really just exacerbate the problem - my question has
      more to do with why the jump the TX frequency happens at all...

      Looking closer, using a serial port monitor, I see Skimmer sending
      FA, FB and IF commands to the K3. The only thing that changes when I
      transmit (in split mode), is the 't' bit in the IF response (which
      shows that the rig is TXing). The FA and FB response do not change.

      In RX:

      FA;
      FA00010115000;
      FB;
      FB00010117700;
      IF;
      IF00010115000 -000000 0003001001;

      In TX:

      FA;
      FA00010115000;
      FB;
      FB00010117700;
      IF;
      IF00010115000 -000000 0013001001;

      So, the question is, why does Skimmer jump to the VFO B frequency when
      it sees that the K3 is TXing, and can that be suppressed somehow?

      ~Iain / N6ML