186Re: [dxatlas] 90-day SSN data for HamCAP

  • bill_w4zv
    Apr 9 6:12 AM
      I wrote:

      > Maybe the logic of
      > the calculation has an error somewhere in its data collection.

      Definitely so. The current 90 day average (1 Jan 05 - 31 Mar 05) is
      28.4 using this data:

      ftp://ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov/STP/SOLAR_DATA/SUNSPOT_NUMBERS/RIDAILY.PLT

      I don't have IonoProbe, but it must have a problem if the 47 number
      Pete quoted for the IonoProbe calculation is correct. Anyhow, now I
      know what to use and will probably just go with the NOAA forecast
      which seems to be fairly accurate at this stage of the cycle.

      73, Bill
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic