1858Re: [dxatlas] Re: CW Skimmer 1.6

  • Iain MacDonnell - N6ML
    Mar 22, 2010
      On a somewhat related note....

      One of the biggest frustrations I have at the moment is when using CW
      Skimmer to track DX pileups, when I transmit (on my K3 (w/
      LP-Pan/LP-Bridge), skimmer jumps to the TX frequency, and sticks there for a
      while after I stop sending, then jumps back to the RX frequency. In the
      window between returning to RX, and skimmer catching up, the waterfall is
      offset by the QSX, making it a pain to line up the guy sending "5NN TU" with
      the actual frequency that I want to call on next.

      I haven't spent a lot of time trying to diagnose this yet - I assume the K3
      must be reporting the TX frequency in response to some polling command....
      but wondering if anyone has come up with a solution for this...?

      ~Iain / N6ML