179Re: [dxatlas] 90-day SSN data for HamCAP

    Apr 8, 2005
      Good question -- I see that IonoProbe displays a value for this parameter
      -- currently 47, not 20. I, too, could not find a source for the 90-day I
      average. Iam not sure if it is downloaded or automatically calculated from
      the daily numbers provided in one or another of the standard reports. I
      did note, though, that if you have IonoProbe, it automatically links with
      Hamcap to provide the necessary updated number.

      73, Pete N4ZR

      At 09:26 AM 4/8/2005, bill_w4zv wrote:

      >Alex or anyone:
      >
      >HamCAP apparently wants the 90-day smoothed sunspot number in the
      >Parameters screen. I can't seem to find that on any of the NOAA
      >databases. Is it the same as the projected number on the following
      >graph for the current month? It's not clear to me what period they
      >are smoothing over for this graph.
      >
      >http://www.sel.noaa.gov/ftpdir/weekly/sunspot.gif
      >
      >If I am interpolating correctly, the current smoothed SSN is about 20.
      > Is that the correct number to input to HamCAP?
      >
      >73, Bill W4ZV
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic