1747Re: [dxatlas] Update on audio/CPU issues CWSkimmer

  • Neal Campbell
    Jan 21, 2010
      Hi Andy

      I sell computers tuned for PowerSDR for a living (its hard to believe...)
      and my 'Low cost' configuration (i.e., the minimum system I would put my
      name on) is an AMD X2 250 which is a dual core 3.0 GHz processor with 4MG of
      level3 cache, 2GB of fast memory and dedicated IRQs on the interface that
      talks to the sdr.

      We have found that CPU process utilization isn't the best indicator of a
      computer config (although anything over 40% is out of the running) but DPCs
      are the most appropriate. You can download a free dpc analyzer
      (google:dpclat.exe) which will tell you what your system cpu levels are.

      Neal Campbell
      Abroham Neal Software
      www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
      (540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER