1727Re: [dxatlas] Ionoprobe storm alerts

    Jan 19 7:12 AM
      Hi Pete,

      The alerts on the Day tab are the official alerts produced by NOAA every 3
      hours. If all hell breaks loose, they will stay green until NOAA decides to
      issue an alert. The 3-hour update period is adequate for geomagnetic and
      solar radiation alerts, but radio blackouts last for only a few minutes to
      an hour, and the official alerts may announce them long after they ended.
      IonoProbe has its own, real-time radio blackout alert system based on the
      actual X-Ray data, these alerts change the color of the icon in real time.