      From: Jeff Maass
      Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:16 PM
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: ab7r@...
      Subject: [dxatlas] RE: TWO SDR IQs with Skimmer

      > Is it possible two run two instances of Skimmer on
      > the same computer and connect them to two SDR-IQs?
      >
      > Tnx Greg

      I'm running three instances of CW Skimmer with three
      SDR-IQ receivers.

      http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/CW_Skimmer/K8ND_CW_Skimmer_Scheme090303a.jpg

      Put executables and all data in separate directories,
      and re-name the executable and the configuration file.

      A screen capture of one of my directories is shown at:
      http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/CW_Skimmer/Multiple_Skimmers_5174.JPG

      I can easily run three instances on my dedicated Dell
      Vostro desktop (with a screaming Core Duo E8600/3.3 GHz
      processor). I use two displays to spread out the CW
      Skimmer windows and an instance of WinTelnetX (which
      combines spots from the three instances into a single
      stream.

      On my laptop, I can run two instances without bogging
      down.

      Here is a photo of one screen with two Skimmers, before
      I got my third receiver. This was during the ARRL CW DX
      Contest.

      http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/CW_Skimmer/K8ND_Skimmer_090222_1248.jpg

      73, Jeff K8ND