1675Re: Bad audio with CW Skimmer trial

  • grahamg3zod
    Jan 5, 2010
      CW Skimmer is known to have problems with the DSP audio when using MME. To be fair, the CW Skimmer 1.4 Help lists as a prerequisite:

      "Sound card: a stereo sound card that supports the 48 kHz sampling rate or higher, and has a valid WDM driver"

      I have a Signalink USB that I use with an FT-817 which suffers from this due to the generic USB sound driver from Microsoft not supporting WDM. My motherboard's onboard "soundcard" and a Delta 44 soundcard I have installed both work fine with WDM.

      73 de Graham G3ZOD FISTS #8385

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "obrienaj" <k3uk@...> wrote:

      > Using a P4 2.3 GHz CPU, 1 gig Ram, XP HE, on board sound chip. All other audio applications work well but CW Skimmer audio is jerky and noisy (almost like QRN crashes), even when the rig is off. Waterfall halts for a second or so every minute or two. Using MME driver. Tried the WDM option in Cw Skimmer set-up byt get an error if I try that.
      > Any suggestions? All other CW decoding software work fine. CW Skimmer seems to work fine, just sounds poor and annoying.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic