1640RE: [dxatlas] Has anyone else seen this error?

  • Michael G. Carper
    Dec 22, 2009
      It’s been a while since I’ve brought this up, but I could use some help.

      Since writing the original note, I have completely wiped my hard drive and
      installed Windows7. Upon reinstalling my programs, I was able to re-create
      the problem – which now won’t go away. The steps were:

      · Install LogWindow; this installs a version of OmniRig

      o Upon taking this step, I tested this and both LogWindow and OmniRig
      worked fine.

      · Install Band Master; this also wants to install a version of

      o During this step, the install asks me to shut down other versions of
      OmniRig that are running; so I did (shut down LogWindow and OmniRig)

      o After completing this step, OmniRig generates the error in the link

      § Band Master will not run.

      § LogWindow will generate this error when attempting to launch OmniRig

      § My work-around is (as it has been) to launch OmniRig first, then launch
      LogWindow. This is strange, given that you’d otherwise not be required to
      launch OmniRig first in order to avoid an error in Band Master, LogWindow,
      or another program that calls OmniRig.

      In general, I’d be quite pleased if I could just go back to the way it was
      before I attempted to install Band Master. But I’ve uninstalled Band Master
      and I continue to get the same error.

      Mike, WA9PIE