1638Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer 1.5 works great with Perseus!
- Dec 19, 2009I just finished checking out the new version 1.5 of CW Skimmer with the Perseus and the combination is spectacular! Before when I used RateMonkey to bridge between Simmer and Perseus, the CPU usage on my computer (Core II Duo 2.2 Ghz) was 70% to 100%. Now it's running only 15% at 196 kHz sample rate! Visual definition of the signals looks much better, and far few decoders are deployed for random noise as the case was before. Also, dynamic range seems to be improved and fewer calls appear to be busted.
The real test will be in big CW contest, but for now, this looks like a major improvement for Perseus/CW Skimmer users!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 6:22 PM
Subject: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer 1.5
CW Skimmer 1.5 is now available at www.dxatlas.com .
New in this version:
- support of the Perseus radio;
- Autostart command line option;
- SKIMMER/AUDIOIF Telnet command;
- color waterfall display.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>