1621Re: [dxatlas] Re: Skimmer with SDR-IQ

  • Greg - AB7R
    Dec 3, 2009
      I absolutely do not understand this and I think it is not correct.

      When I connect SDR-IQ to my K3 IF output and manually tune skimmer by right
      clicking in the freq box and entering ANY freq in the CW portion of the band I am
      on Skimmer correctly shows the last 3 digits of the freq with relation to what is
      being decoded. Decoded calls are sent to the Skimmer Call list with all the
      correct frequencies and sent to a loggers bandmap via telnet...also with the
      correct frequency. When I click on a spot on the bandmap the station is there as
      expected. I DO NOT set skimmer to the K3's IF.

      -------------------------
      73,
      Greg - AB7R
      Whidbey Island WA
      NA-065

      On Thu Dec 3 2:17 , "hb9cat" sent:

      > Barry,
      >

      >I imagine you connected the SDR-IQ to the IF output of the K3. The only way that
      works for me is to "tune" skimmer to the IF frequency, e.g. 8.215 MHz for the K3.
      (or 8.83 for a kenwood).

      >Skimmer works, but the issue is that all skimmer spots will be labeled with
      the "wrong" frequency.

      >Spectravue pulls the VFO frequency via CAT, skimmer doesn't on the SDR-IQ.
      >

      >I raised the same issue in the SDR-IQ group.
      >

      >Best Regards
      >

      >Marco, HB9CAT
      >

      >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "N1EU" <barry.n1eu@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Appreciate any help with troubleshooting steps for cw skimmer with SDR-IQ
      (panadaptor for K3). SDR-IQ is working fine with SpectraVue and I've installed the
      ActiveX dll. But the skimmer waterfall shows only noise???

      >> Also, is there any way for skimmer to display the frequency from the K3 like it
      does with LP-Pan?

      >> Tnx/73,
      >
      >> Barry N1EU
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic