1575[dxatlas] Re: Timing Question

  • vk4iu
    Nov 17, 2009
      Dave,

      With so much Internet access variability across the world, there will never be a single Internet source that will give a good result for all - that is why there are hundreds of NTP time servers across the Internet - spread all around the world. With a large population of Time Servers there will always be a few time servers accessible anywhere.

      The question is still, can you get to the Internet in an adequate form to retrieve time that meets the needs of Faros. Only you can answer that question, by testing your connection. But, we can help you do the tests to find out.

      The best approach is to divide your problem up. Lets work on one thing at a time - forget the beacons for the moment. First - the Internet connection.

      What type of Internet connection do you have?
      How fast is it?
      Is it connected all the time?

      Peter VK4IU