1571Re: Timing Question

  • Dave Baxter
    Nov 17, 2009
      Hi...

      I'm the guy who created the IC-PCR1000 "helper" app, so it can be used
      with Faros/Omni-Rig. I did test it here before letting Dave M have a
      copy, and AFIK no timing issues, but I stand to be corrected on that if
      any are found directly attributed to that program of mine.

      I do agree with Peter, try things with a rig that is directly supported
      by Omni-Rig first, just in case.

      Question for Peter. What software, program, tool, etc, did you try when
      you tried a local GPS driven NTP server of your own? Did the
      GPS/Server use a 1PPS signal, or just the NMEA data from the GPS?

      Curious....

      Regards to All.

      Dave G0WBX.

      PS: My Faros status page, all working from an old Icom IC-R70, and
      another of my own programs to glue it all toghether.
      http://g8kbv.homeip.net:8008/

      Yes, I too have some NTP issues, but caused by my ISP.
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic