1559RE: [dxatlas] RE: Using IC-735 with CWSkimmer/RigSync

  • Edward Russell
    Nov 10, 2009
      Burton,

      Thanks for the detailed message. The setting shown in the quickstart for
      Skimmer on the Options panel is not in use and not necessary. It is
      unfortunate that it is shown with a previous beta version that had the box
      enabled, even though it did nothing. This setting is reserved for a future
      version of RigSync.

      You do need to select your ICOM in the OmniRig part of the panel. The
      quickstart instructions are correct here. Once your radio is selected,
      RigSync should display the frequency. If it does, proceed in the
      instructions to enable Skimmer with the SYNC and SKIM buttons.

      If your radio frequency is not displayed by RigSync, there is a problem
      either with the OmniRig setup or with RigSync's communication with OmniRig.
      To check this, try another program that uses OmniRig to make sure it is
      working correctly with your rig. I suggest BandMaster which can be
      downloaded here: http://www.dxatlas.com/BandMaster/

      If BandMaster works and RigSync doesn't, we have identified a problem that I
      need to fix. This is where I need more details.

      Thanks for working with me on this,

      73 Ed W2RF