1358Remotely controlling Skimmer was: Re: [dxatlas] BandPlan.ini

    Feb 19, 2009
      As a possible workaround -- my Skimmer is on a separate computer on my
      wireless network, so I use the SKIMMER/QSY command to change bands with the
      SDR-IQ receiver, and program those commands in the Telnet window of my
      logging software. The button labeled SK 40 sends my SDR-IQ to 7036. That
      doesn't QSY the antenna Skimmer uses, of course, but my normal operating
      approach is to run Skimmer off the RX antenna of my second radio (behind
      its bandpass filters as well).

      I don't think Skimmer will change the center frequency in SoftRock mode, in
      response to a Skimmer/QSY command - just the main decoder frequency. Do I
      have that right, Alex?

      Does the world need a new piece of software that will listen to your
      Ethernet network, recognize various control signals and mediate between
      them, then control user-configured "boxes" such as radios, band decoders,
      etc.? I'm sure it would be pretty elaborate, and might not even be
      possible without additional hardware.

      73, Pete N4ZR