1336Re: [dxatlas] Client.exe ?

  • Eike, DM3ML
    Feb 18, 2009
      Alex,
      thank you for your answer. In the meantime I found client.exe on your
      page and downloaded it. But I have a lot to learn untill I can answer
      a question of a friend of mine. I'm a newbie on OmniRig...
      When I'm right OmniRig is just an interface between an other programm
      which needs a CAT control and a transceiver. It seems that a
      programmer who is interested to use the OmniRig has to write an
      'OmniRig' interface and to put it on the list of its maintained
      transceivers between ICOM, Kenwood et.al. Or is it possible to use
      OmniRig as a virtual COM-Interface without any change in a program
      e.g. LOGGER32 or HRD?
      Is there a information which logprograms are available to use OmniRig ?
      73s de Eike, DM3ML

      > Hi Eike,
      >
      > You need Client.exe only if you have created your own INI file for a
      new
      > radio model and want to test it. To configure OmniRig, just run
      > OmniRig.exe - in most programs that support OmniRig, there is a menu
      command
      > that starts OmniRig.exe for you.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic