1291Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer 1.4 problems

    Jan 18, 2009
      Hi David,

      I am not sure what causes the problem. If there is a file called
      Error(1.4.xxx).log in the CwSkimmer folder, please send me a copy. None of
      my programs are officially supported on Vista. Even if the programs work on
      this OS in most cases, there are situations like yours when they don't, and
      there is very little I can do to diagnose and fix the problem. I was told
      that Microsoft offers a free downgrade from Vista to XP - obviously a lot of
      other software has difficulties running on this OS.

      I've just downloaded the latest release of Skimmer, but now have
      problems when I try to open the program.

      I get an error message saying the program has generated errors and
      needs to shutdown. If I hit cancel it will open but cannot seem to find
      Omnirig. When I go into set-up in skimmer the rig control section is
      greyed out!!

      I've uninstalled Omni-rig and installed the latest version, but still
      no joy.

      If I manually open Omni-rig, before opening Skimmer it seems to work OK.

      Any ideas?? I am running this on Vista, which I suspect may be part of
      my problems, but I don't recall having this issue previously when I've
      upgraded??

      Thanks

      David, VK2NU
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic