1136[dxatlas] Re: CW Skimmer 1.3

  • jeraldvolpe
    Nov 2, 2008

      > Hi Jerry,
      >
      > Current architecture of CW Skimmer allows only the bandwidths of 3
      kHz and
      > 24xN kHz. To implement a different bandwidth, I would have to
      re-work many
      > modules. This would take 30-50 hours of work and produce only a
      marginal
      > improvement of the functionality. In one of my previous emails I
      suggested
      > that you use the IF output of your Orion and get much larger swath of
      > spectrum on the waterfall. Have you tried this?
      >
      > 73 Alex VE3NEA

      Not yet, I'm thinking about a couple of paths that I could go in....
      including LP-PAN. But as you say.... a lot of complexity for what
      might be a small return. I use CW Skimmer to help me level the playing
      field when chasing DX running split. Generally the most bandwidth I
      would ever use would be 10 kHz. As it is 3 kHz works maybe 60% of the
      time with just a little bit of VFO movement.

      One of these days I'll take the Orion apart and install a 9MHz buffer
      amp on the IF with an output on the back panel, then I'll have the
      flexibility to try different approaches.... until then 3 kHz will have
      to do.

      Oh, you didn't comment on the selecting VFOs...

      Thanks for the speedy reply.

      73, Jerry, KG6TT
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic