      From: g7kse
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2008 4:03 PM
      Subject: [dxatlas] Re: Web Upload for Faros

      > Hi Dave,
      > I read the postings on the forum but rarely reply to them, I prefer to
      > provide support via email.
      > Since there is a wide choice of ftp upload programs, it makes no
      sense to
      > develop a built-in uploader in Faros, this would be a waste of time.
      > > How would we ask him to consider this? Should I send him a direct
      > > or does he monitor the group emails?
      > >
      > > Dave
      > > KA0SWT

      I didn't write the code myself and I'm sure it's fairly free to use so
      if you want to email me at g7kse@... I'll send you back the
      code as I use it.

      I had a look at your page and I think it might be a little narrow at
      the moment to fit the images on without shrinking them. i suppose it
      depends on the padding. I have no experience with B2 but as long as
      you can call up different templates for different pages then you can
      have the 'beacon' page different from the rest, mine has a small
      amount of station info and the rest is just the script which is
      handled by the template rather than the content if that makes sense.

      The trick would be to write your bat file to upload when the gif is
      saved and so mirror the history folder on both your Faro machine and
      the web server. Personally the existing apps make me a little lazy so
      I went straight for one of those.