1112Re: [dxatlas] Blind Skimmer Option for Unassisted Categories

  • rt_tclay
    Oct 29, 2008
      You know you can already use version 1.2 "blind". Just close the
      callsign spot window, and resize the column where callsign labels
      appear to its minimum width. Just put the mouse on the left edge of
      that column and click/drag. Then there is nothing identifying the
      callsigns.

      There is still the decoder at the very bottom, but I don't think that
      is really much use. Writelog has had a cw decoder for years and no
      one complained about that. I suppose you could put a piece of tape
      over that line if it really bothers you :)

      Tor
      N4OGW

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "bill_w4zv" <w0zv@...> wrote:

      > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ct1boh" <ct1boh@> wrote:
      >
      > > There is nothing wrong with havind the dot and dash on the
      waterfall
      > > display.
      > >
      > > If the operator "reads" the code on the display fine, it was him
      and
      > > not the decoder (i.e. the machine).
      > >
      > > The waterfall display of skimmer should stay as it is now. It is
      the
      > > text of the CW from the decoders that must be removed in the
      Blind
      > > Skimmer.
      >
      > Jose and Alex, after thinking about this, I agree. This should also
      > make implementation of the Blind option easier.
      >
      > > Also a faster way to tune the lines in the display, represented
      by the
      > > dots and dashes is a must. Using the mouse to click on the lines,
      it's
      > > not the most eficient way in a contest. I have suggested to Alex,
      that
      > > the arrow up/arrow down buttons in the keybord would be the ideal
      way
      > > to move the radio frequency into the next adjacent signal
      represented
      > > by the circles next to the line of each signal with the dashes
      and dots.

      > Yes, but move up/down only to the *yellow* dots. The white ones are
      > often artifacts.
      >
      > Good suggestions Jose!
      >
      > 73, Bill

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic