1094Blind Skimmer Option for Unassisted Categories

  • bill_w4zv
    Oct 21, 2008
      I've used Skimmer, PowerSDR and Winrad waterfalls for some time now.
      I very much prefer Skimmer's display and rig interface. I find it
      very easy to click on the dots to send my K3 to exactly the right
      frequency (versus attempting to line up the crosshairs using PowerSDR)
      and then decode the signals by ear.

      I have no interest in using Skimmer's decoder since I normally operate
      in Unassisted categories, but I would really like an option to put
      Skimmer into a waterfall-only mode (i.e. no decoding). This might
      also relieve some of the CPU burden when using less than a 2 GHz machine.

      I suspect others might be interested in the same option. Alex, is
      there any chance you might consider such an option for those of us who
      love Skimmer's display and interface, but don't want to put ourselves
      into Assisted categories by using Skimmer as presently configured? Do
      any others feel the same?

      73, Bill W4ZV
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic